Monday, May 4, 2009

Garden Updates

Since I can't stop working in the yard!!! OK, I did paint the porch swing today after deciding to go with a green/pink 40s tropical motif out there. The fabric is a 40s barkcloth drape I'm going to staple to an old screen door (I think the original to the house) to create a panel and hang out there to be the inspiration for te whole decor....



Moved this weird wooden stand w/ a wire top (weather vane?) from a side bed to the deck, to pot some Passion Flowers to vine onto...added some plants (still in pots, need to get planted) around the pond....




This section I had buried under a massive pile of wet leaves after the snow melted, took my time getting back to it and unearthed some sad, white blanched peonies and it quickly filled in with lily-of-the-valley....

The anal/type A in me could NOT stand the fact that there was no edging to that bed, so today I made one from the wood pile for the fireplace!...

Lots more done today, and the yellow lilac came!

~Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment